Before work started on the course
After work started on the course
The exhibition match - Harry Vardon and Ted Ray
The Move to Brocton
After the fire the club had to decide what to do, by 1919 membership had dropped to 120 (46 ladies) and the Chase was now being more extensively used by the public.
In 1920 Brocton Hall and grounds, under a mile away from the course, had been put on the market but the Hall had failed to make the reserve of £5,900.
The Club commissioned Harry Vardon (6 times Open Champion and one time American Open champion) to examine the Brocton Hall grounds. In May 1922 he submitted his report declaring that it was ".. eminently suitable for an 18 hole Golf Course" and that "The cost .. should not exceed £150 per hole".
The decision was made, the finance promised and Brocton Hall estate was purchased in September 1922 for £5,550. In January 1923 'The Cannock Chase Golf Club' was reconstituted as 'The Brocton Hall Golf Club'.
The Club's official opening on 12th July 1923 by the Fourth Earl of Lichfield was followed by an exhibition match between the course architect Harry Vardon and Ted Ray (Open Champion in 1912) which ended in a draw.
The club soon regained its position in Midlands golf and was soon playing matches against local opposition. For many years the Open Mixed Foursomes event attracted some of the leading amateur players in the country.