Membership application - Proposer/Seconder
Thank you for volunteering to be a Proposer or Seconder. As you know at Brocton Hall, we want all of our members to receive a good experience when joining the club and having a Proposer and Seconder ensures that this happens.
The role is not onerous; it just requires some time and enthusiasm (the time commitment will vary according to the experience of the new member).
The purpose of a Proposer and Seconder is:
- to ensure that a new member feels welcome and valued
- to ensure that a new member is integrated into the club as quickly as possible
- to aid with the retention of new members
The role of a Proposer and Seconder is to:
- provide a point of contact and a friendly face to a new member. Hence, he/she will know the name and contact details of at least one person at the club
- get to know the new member, understand what they want from the club and help to facilitate this
- introduce the member to the geography of the club and any procedures that he/she needs to know e.g. how to enter a competition
- ensure that the member is aware of the methods of communication used within the club
- help fix up games both with him/herself and other members
- aid with matters of etiquette, basic rules and filling in of cards if the member is new to golf
- introduce the member to the professional
- encourage him/her to participate in the social life of the club at whatever level the member would like
- when appropriate, ask for feedback regarding their experience and communicate this back to Membership and Marketing
We would draw your attention to the club policies, all of which are available on the website. Please familiarise yourself with these.
If you need any further information, please contact the office - 01785 661901 ext. 6 or